Kindergarten at Spring Creek
This year we will be having two or three divisions of kindergarten and we are looking forward to meeting your children as they start their first year of public school. Kindergarten at Spring Creek Community School offers exciting ways to learn through play. Your child's play allows them to develop their core literacy skills through competency-based explorations, and through fun!
During the first days of school, our teachers will be working with and observing our newest students to start the class placement process. Our teachers will take a strength based approach to build balanced class compositions-this means students that are friends outside of school may not necessarily be places with each other. Kindergarten play encourages building new learning friends and helps build a stronger community.
Parents/Guardians must register at their home school, present original birth certificates to verify that children will be 5 years of age on or before December 31 of the calendar year in which they plan on starting kindergarten, provide CARE Card and confirmation of residence at time of registration. Registration forms are available on the main page of the School District 48 website https://sd48seatosky.org/ or at the Spring Creek office.
Spring Creek Community School K/1 Orientation Video:
Kindergarten Gradual Entry schedule for Sept 2023
Tuesday September 5 :
- No School for new kindergarten students
Wednesday September 6:
- All new kindergarten students visit for a one hour session. Parents are welcome to socialize with other parents and learn about PAC (Parent Advisory Council) in the library. Alternatively, parents can leave the school and return for pick up in one hour. The session times will be:
- 8:45 - 9:45
- 1:15 - 2:15
Thursday Sept. 7, Friday Sept. 8, Monday Sept. 11, Tuesday Sept. 12:
- Half day small group visits based on parent sign up from Wednesday September 6:
- 8:30 -10:30
- 12:40 -2:40
- Students should come with a snack to eat.
Tuesday, September 12 after school:
- Kindergarten teachers will be contacting families to inform children of their class placement for the year.
Wednesday September 13:
- First full day of school for kindergarten students! 8:30 – 2:40
EDI at Spring Creek EDI at Spring Creek Please see the EDI attachment at the bottom of this sheet for more information about the Early Development Instrument.