Spring Creek Community School is located at the south end of the Resort Municipality of Whistler, BC.
Spring Creek serves 323 students, grades K-7, in 14 multi-age divisions. With Late French Immersion in grades 5-6-7, we tend to be bigger in the intermediate grades, but that is changing as our numbers in primary are increasing.
French Immersion 35.4% (3 grades in 4 divisions, no waitlist)
Male 55% (5 year average)
Female 45% (5 year average)
Most students take the bus to school.
There are 20 teaching staff, 1 Principal, 1 Vice Principal, 5 EAs and 1 clerical assistant, .3 counselling, .2 psychologist, .2 speech language pathologist.
- How to contact Spring Creek
Email to office is firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to set up a prolonged absence
Should your child be away for a known extended absence (like a trip,) please
Inform your child’s teacher AND email Kris Shoup email@example.com
- Bus schedules are available from the office upon request. District website (https://sd48seatosky.org/) has route information. Just click on the Parents top tab.
- Dismissal before 2:37: Please let us know. Email is good to the teacher and Kris Shoup firstname.lastname@example.org
- PAC on Facebook: search “Spring Creek pac”. This is a great way to keep informed and to volunteer!
- Criminal Record check form from office will ensure you don’t have to pay to have this done. All volunteers for school field trips must have this completed and on file at the school. Parent volunteers are often more helpful in a class other than their child’s.
- Nut aware vs Nut free: We ask parents to NOT send food with nuts to school. There are students and staff with allergies. If nutty food arrives, we will ask the student to take it home, and we will replace it with nut-free alternatives that we keep on hand.
- Sign In Process: to enter the classroom wings of the school, parents are to sign in at the office and wear a guest badge.
- Deeper learning outcomes District competencies
Work collaboratively collaborate
Think critically and solve problems think critically
Have an academic mindset create and innovate
Communicate effectively contribute
Learn how to learn learn
Master core knowledge