Starting for the 2022-23 school year, we are asking families to not buy their own school supplies. Rather, we are asking that you save your own time seeking to fulfil the school supplies requested by your student’s classroom teacher; rather, you let the classroom teacher do the purchasing at discounted prices. Families will see a charge in KEV at the beginning of the year for $45.00/student in primary class and $55.00/student in intermediate classes to cover school supplies for your child for the year. The reason for this change is as follows:
- Endeavor to have a smaller footprint on the world – less duplicates and ‘waste’.
- Benefits student community as it provides identical school supplies for all students in a classroom, promoting inclusion;
- Benefits students as we receive a discount from our wholesale supplies allowing more supplies to be purchased with the same budget;
- Benefits parents as we received cheap prices and it saves parents time from having to shop and/or travel to shop for school supplies; and,
- Benefits teacher classroom management and preparedness as it ensures all supplies are here prior to the first day of school so teachers can be ready on the first day of school.
As this change benefits parents, students and teachers, we hope it is welcomed by all of our stakeholder. If you have any comments, questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.