Student Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT-Intermediate
Spring Creek Values
Our Code of Conduct, and our use of it, are to be filtered through these four values:
Team, Trust, Integrity, Purposeful Growth
Statement of Purpose
At Ecole Spring Creek Community School, being safe is a shared activity for students, parents, staff, and the community. The goal of the Code of Conduct is to allow both staff and students to meet their needs in a way that not only works for them, but also respects the needs of others and follows the laws of BC.
Acceptable Conduct includes:
- Respecting yourself, others, the school, and its property. Treating everyone with kindness, no matter who they are.
- Being positive and honest.
- Helping everyone have a good experience at our school.
- Putting your personal best effort into your work and all other school activities.
- Following classroom, school, bus, and district rules.
- Eating only in classrooms.
- Being at school every day you are healthy, and come on time.
- Remain quiet in hallway, classroom, and bus.
- Respect the creations of others
- Dress for the weather and your school activities, including indoor shoes.
Unacceptable Conduct includes (Behaviors cited are examples only and not an all-inclusive list.):
- Hurting anyone in the body, mind, or emotions, either in person or with technology, snow, or exclusion.
- Saying NO to, or disobeying an adult in a rude way.
- Plagiarism: cheating on tests, assignments, or projects. Copying someone else’s work.
- Printing or displaying anything that puts down a person or group because of who they are.
- Bringing weapons, even pretend ones, to school, including firecrackers, fireworks, or anything that is lit on fire.
- Bringing or using alcohol or drugs at school except medications prescribed by a doctor.
- Missing school without permission.
- Damaging personal or school property.
- Disrupting learning or school functions.
- Using wheels (bikes, skateboards, scooters, heelys, etc) on school property. Must carry a helmet with wheels at school.
- Wearing clothes that are not appropriate for learning at school, or ones that don’t support the values of the school.
- Use of phones outside during recess breaks, or without teacher permission.
Results of unsafe and unacceptable behavior may include
- Making it right
- Calling parent/guardian
- Missing out on, or losing the chance to do some activities
- Meeting with Parents of Guardian
- Referral to helping services (eg counseling)
- Calling the police
Notification/Advisement of other parties:
Sometimes we will need to inform other parents, district staff, health care workers, and the police about what happened at school.
Everyone deserves to be safe at school. If you see something that’s against the rules, please tell an adult. We will do our best to keep you safe when you do.